- This event has passed.
Making a Mindful Change
January 22 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Every year you are determined to make some changes.
You set out strong but after a few months find yourself losing steam and floundering.
Before you know it…you are back into the same routine.
You learn to set your intention and use it as your guiding light.
You have the courage to put things into action.
You know that you may get off track but that you have the tools to stay on course.
Throughout the workshop, we will be discussing the stages of change which allows you to be more aware of where you are in your journey and allow you to use the tools that we discuss to combat any struggles you face in a particular phase. Engagement with yoga practices, allows space for us to reconnect back to our body and develop a practice that will help us stay empowered in moments of struggle. Working through different visualizations, we will be putting brush to paper to create a visual representation of what came up for us. This will serve as a visual reminder of what we inspire for ourselves.
- Journal prompt around contemplation to consider before workshop
- Building an intention through visualization and breath work which will lead you to create a piece of art using watercolors that represents a sense of yourself that came up during the visualization.
- An asana (movement friendly to all) practice to get you into the action stage and help with the embodiment of being courageous as you continue your journey of change.
- Creation of a piece of art using watercolors with the prompt to embody the idea of excellence with the acknowledgment that sometimes doing your best is the key to maintaining change.
- Exploring the struggles that you face with change through a visualization and then creating a piece of art using watercolors to help with addressing these struggles. This part will help you to get back on track during relapse and stay true to your intention.
What are you waiting for…
This workshop is beginner friendly and no prior experience with yoga or the creation of art using the noted mediums is necessary. We invite a non judgmental attitude toward yourself and others throughout the workshop and guide you towards exploration with self compassion. Join us in this unique offering that connects you with your creative soul and infuses yoga practices that can guide you in making sustainable changes this coming year.
What to bring:
- Yoga Mat and any props that you use on a regular basis
- Comfortable clothing that allows for movement
- Light refreshments will be provided but you are free to bring beverages and snacks of your own if you prefer. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions.
Location: Loyalhanna Watershed Barn 6 Old Lincoln Highway West, Ligonier, PA 15658
Date: January 22nd from 10am-1pm
Your workshop leaders:
Faith Sartori is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and a Certified Yoga Therapist. Faith enjoys guiding others in their journey by creating therapeutic opportunities through unique experiences while holding a compassionate space for them to grow. More information about Faith at smallthingsoften.com
Amy Roadman is a PA Certified art teacher who has been teaching for 20+ years to all age groups and abilities in schools and private settings, in-person and online. Drawing, painting, printmaking, and pottery are what she primarily focuses on, but enjoys creating in many mediums. More information about Amy at amyroadman.com